We are a friendly, supportive, democratic, well organised and enthusiastic GMS Practice, dedicated to providing traditional family orientated General Practice based at a new purpose-built single site health centre in Harlow, Essex.
- 19,900 patients, 7 Partners, 4 salaried GP's, large nursing team
- Training Practice and also Teaching Practice for Cambridge and Barts. We are also a Research Practice.
- Consistent high achievement in all QOF areas
- Innovative team structure with individual patient lists (around 2,500 per FTE GP)
- Excellent administrative support to minimise paperwork for the GP’s
- SystmOne computer system
- Active members of local GP federation and CCG
- Recently moved into a new building
- Easy access to M11/M25, close to London and Stansted and attractive Essex and Hertfordshire countryside, excellent schools
4 to 6 sessions available
We look forward to the addition of a Salaried GP to the Practice and would be able to support a newly qualified GP if needed. Competitive salary, dependent on experience with 6 weeks annual leave.
Informal visits or contact prior to the interview process are welcome.
Applications or requests for further information should be sent to our Personal Assistant Paula.Stubbs@nhs.net or call 01279 632970.
Information Communication Technology Assistant
37.5 hours - 5 days per week Monday to Friday
We are looking for a Information Communication Technology Assistant to join our very busy but friendly team. We are a supportive, well organised and enthusiastic Practice, dedicated to providing high quality care to our patients. The ideal candidate must have communication and IT skills and be able to work as part of a team.
General ICT duties:
- To provide support to IT Lead and Practice Manager
- To provide a high standard of knowledge and IT support relating to the Microsoft Office Suite of products (including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
To provide a full service relating to the clinical and other systems used at the Practice:
- IRIS accounts and payroll packages
- Telephone and call-recording systems
- Web-based systems e.g. CSU portal, PCSE, CQRS, PCWT, CIS, DESP, iPlato, DoctorLink, BlueStream Academy, Jayex
- CCTV system
- LMC website updates
- NHS Choices
Mandatory areas from an IT perspective:
- Data Protection
- Information Governance
- IT security systems and management
Detailed knowledge of use, setup, ongoing maintenance, and problem solving for all aspects of all software and IT hardware used throughout the Practice:
- Printers, Scanners, Photocopiers, Multi-Function equipment, Telephone system
- Installation, configuring and upgrading software
- Testing, maintaining and working with ICT hardware, equipment and systems
- Networking principles
- Technical fault diagnosis
- Internet usage
- Email usage
- Project work as directed by the IT Lead or the management team or Partners
- Process analysis and smart working
- Building and running data searches on SystmOne and other databases as required
- Provision of graphic design service e.g. patient info leaflets, letter templates
- Setting up users: Smartcard management, desktop logins, user profiles, roaming profiles
- Understanding the provision of healthcare from an IT perspective/user support
- Improving our customers lives (where customer = other staff as well as our patients/clients)
- Acknowledging the core values of the Practice and working in a cohesive manner with colleagues and partners (internal and external)
- Staff training/inductions
- Any other duties deemed reasonable by Partners or Practice Manager
The above list is not exhaustive and this Job Description will be reviewed upon recruitment of the member of staff.
FULL TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED
Job Description - ICT Assistant
If you are interested in applying please send your CV, a completed application form and a handwritten covering letter to:
Practice Personal Assistant
Lister Medical Centre
Lister House Health Centre
Closing date: 31st January 2020
Interviews will be carried out for successful applicants on receipt of this application; this post may close earlier if a suitable applicant is found.