Friends of Lister House
- An active patient participation group established in 1993.
- Our aims and objectives are to promote co-operation and understanding between patients and the Practice.
- New members of the Group are always welcome. How to join is set out below. No fees or charges are involved.
- We meet a minimum of four times a year; May, July, October and January/ February.
- At these meeting, we have talks on medical topics; we keep abreast of developments of the National Health Service and exchange views with representatives of the practice. We represented the views of patients at two town planning applications concerning the new surgery.
Friends Fund Raising
We have a designated fund raiser who organises various activities to provide funds: to run the Group; to provide better facilities at the Surgery and purchase equipment for the benefit and use of patients beyond that supplied by the NHS. Many items have been donated to the Practice over the years including; an air conditioning unit in the waiting room; 24 hour blood pressure monitors, a wheel chair, a Doppler and calibration syringe; a contribution to a new refrigerator for immunizing purposes and many more. We have funds set aside to use in relation to what may be required for the ne surgery.
Membership of the Group
any patient of Lister Medical Centre is able to join. All you need to do is download and print out the form below and post it in the repeat prescription box on the wall in the foyer at the Surgery. A member of the Group will be in contact with you. Please note that no medical questions will be responded to.
Download the pdf version of our sign up form
Minutes of the last meeting of the Group are available to download together with the Agenda for our current meeting.
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.