We are a friendly, supportive, democratic, well organised and enthusiastic GMS Practice, dedicated to providing traditional family orientated General Practice based at a new purpose-built single site health centre in Harlow, Essex.
- 19,500 patients, 7 Partners, 1 salaried GP, large nursing team
- Training Practice and also Teaching Practice for Cambridge and Barts. We are also a Research Practice.
- Consistent high achievement in all QOF areas
- Innovative team structure with individual patient lists (around 2,500 per FTE GP)
- Excellent administrative support to minimise paperwork for the GP’s
- SystmOne computer system
- Active members of local GP federation and CCG
- Recently moved into a new building
- Easy access to M11/M25, close to London and Stansted and attractive Essex and Hertfordshire countryside, excellent schools
4 to 6 sessions available
We look forward to the addition of a Salaried GP to the Practice and would be able to support a newly qualified GP if needed. Competitive salary, dependent on experience with 6 weeks annual leave.
Informal visits or contact prior to the interview process are welcome.
Applications or requests for further information should be sent to our Personal Assistant Paula.Stubbs@nhs.net or call 01279 632970.
Practice Diabetes Nurse Specialist
One, two or three sessions a month. The practice can be adaptable as far as timing of sessions to suit part time work for a short or long term post.
We are looking for a Practice Diabetes Nurse Specialist to join our very busy but friendly team. We are a supportive, well organised and enthusiastic Practice, dedicated to providing high quality care to our patients.
- The ideal candidate must have communication and IT skills and be able to work as part of a team.
- To work in accordance with the UKCC Code of Conduct.
- Ability to self-motivate, organise and prioritise workloads.
- Maintain continued education by attendance at courses and study days as deemed useful or necessary for professional development.
- Must be a Registered General Nurse.
- Must have membership of a professional body.
- Offer diabetic reviews to existing and new patients.
- Support patients with Insulin initiation and management of Type 1/Type2.
- Insulin pump skills.
- Provide nursing treatments to patients in participation with general practitioners or independently to agreed protocols.
- In participation with the practice manager, ensure the maintenance of equipment and stock levels relating to patient care.
- Participate in the administrative and professional responsibilities of the practice team.
- Ensure accurate notes of all consultations and treatments are recorded in the patients’ computer notes.
- Ensure accurate completion of all necessary documentation associated with patient health care and registration with the practice.
- Ensure collection and maintenance of statistical information required for regular and ad hoc reports.
- Attend and participate in all practice meetings as required.
- Assist in the formulation of practice philosophy, strategy and policy.
- Co-operate and participate as required in any research projects within the practice.
- Maintain effective liaison with other agencies and staff concerned with patient care and with all other disciplines within the practice, with appropriate regard to confidentiality.
For a more detailed outline of the role please refer to the job description attached.
Job Description - Diabetic Nurse Specialist
If you are interested in applying please send your CV, a completed application form and a handwritten covering letter to:
Practice Personal Assistant
Lister Medical Centre
Lister House Health Centre
Closing date: 18th September 2019
Interviews will be carried out for successful applicants on receipt of this application; this post may close earlier if a suitable applicant is found.